Jakarta's Course Menu

I just want to give a quick update recap about my cooking practical in school yesterday. So yesterday, during Special Event Foods Class, my team and I made a Jakarta's Course Menu, which consists from Appetizer to Dessert. 
Here are the photos that I can share for this moment, but I'll share more for sure!

Appetizer : Rujak Pengantin ( The Bride's Salad ) 

Dessert : Es Doger ( Doger Sundae )

Main Course : Nasi Uduk, Pepes Tahu Ebi, Sayur Lodeh ( Uduk Rice, Steamed Spiced Tofu with Shrimp, Lodeh Soup )

At the first of the practical, I managed to prepare the essential ingredient of the salad, which is the peanut sauce. It was composed of fried peanuts, few cloves of garlic and shallot, thin sliced cabbage, chiffonade carrots, medium rare fried tofu, and some fried peanuts and small diced tomatoes (the vegetables were blanched except for tomatoes and the underliner) and I didn't forget to give the emping crackers.

I was struggling really hard by the each spices, because I had to prepare 3 kinds of spices. They were white spices (for the soto, which I didn't have the chance to take a photograph), red spice (for the steamed tofu) and the orange spice (mix of the red and yellow spice for the Lodeh Soup) 

But Thank God, my team and I managed this really well, and we finished early around 30 minutes before most of the team starting to plate their foods. It's a good thing for us to pray to whatever activities we're going to do, because without a good blessing from God, who will know what our works would be like?

So, for the further recipe and the food, I'll post later when I got the time!
Thank you!!

Comments

Popular Posts