Special Events Dishes Exam Recap

Another day, another post

So here we go ;)

It is actually really late for me to post my every exam recaps because it was held around 2 to 3 weeks ago (I was super busy preparing everything so I couldn't spend my time to write something at blog) But yeah, here we go no!

Special Events Dishes class is a branch class of Indonesian Cuisine class during the last year (for senior grader). Mostly this class taught me about Indonesian Cuisines mixed with fusion technique (whether ingredients or just the plating to look like foreigner foods). Mostly I had a lot of fun and challenge in this class, due to my tongue favors more of asian cuisines instead of westerns (Sorry though ^^) 

So here what I made a day after the cake decoration test

Appetizer : Sayur Trancam ( Trancam Salad )
Trancam is a cousin-like or equivalent of eastern java's urap-urap. Both of them are very similar, but in taste trancam tastes spicier and sweeter compared to urap-urap. We don't use carrots, but instead we use sliced cucumbers.


Soup : Timlo Solo ( Solo's Timlo )
Timlo Solo is Solo's authentic soup, it features sweet braised shredded chickens, solo saussages, boiled eggs, and some rice vermicelli. It is almost like Indonesian soto, but it is twisted in taste standard. Last but not least, it also features clear chicken stock.


Main Course : Nasi Liwet, Ayam Areh Suwir dengan Telur, Rempah Goreng, & Sambal Goreng Labu Siam
( Fat Rice with Shredded Areh Chicken & Eggs, Spic Fried Coconut Cake,  & Spicy Chayote )
The main course is the most complicated one (It felt like I was in Master Chef's pressure test when I made it) Because it's every components need different spices and different standard. But luckily I made with my fellas. The rice stole my heart the most because of it's creamy taste thanks to the coconut milk. 

Dessert : Bubur Sumsum ( Sumsum Porriage )
I was super familiar with the dessert itself because I made it during the sophomore year, and used to make it a lot in the hotel where I spent my 6 months internship. It's a light, squishy, and creamy porriage composed of water, coconut milk, and simple rice flour. The sauce was composed of javanese palm sugar, water and paysanne cutted jackfruits. 

Conclusion

According to my travelling experience, if you are looking forward to see a great wonder in Central Javanese such as Candi Borobudur, I hope you guys won't forget the wonder of Central Javanese foods, especially in Solo as I mentioned in this post. You will find most of the foods taste sweet, but the sweetness itself will make you miss it after your journey has done.  

I recommend to try the foods right from the streets, because it has the most authentic tastes compared to the ones that hotels served. 

And don't forget! 

A lovely people is a people who loves to eat ;)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts